• Home
  • Contact Us
  • About us
  • Privacy Policy
Monday, August 17, 2026
New Citizen
  • Login
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us
No Result
View All Result
New Citizen
No Result
View All Result
Home Nation Health

Nigeria plans 6 cancer treatment centres

by EDITOR
February 9, 2024
in Health
0
Nigeria plans 6 cancer treatment centres
Dr. Tunji Alausa

Dr. Tunji Alausa

0
SHARES
2
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsappShare on Telegram
Dr. Tunji Alausa

Minister of State for Health and Social Welfare, Dr. Tunji Alausa, has announced the Federal Government’s plan to construct six new cancer healthcare centres within the period of three years.

The minister made this announcement on Tuesday, while speaking at a symposium organised by the Federal Ministry of Health and Social Welfare in Abuja.

READ ALSO

FG says no confirmed Ebola case in Nigeria, urges calm

Tinubu establishes National Health Technology Office, appoints Obi Adigwe as pioneer coordinator

Alausa mentioned that the cancer centre would be built in the Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital;
Zaria, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu; Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Lagos; Federal Teaching Hospital, Katsina; University of Jos Teaching Hospital and University of Benin Teaching Hospital, Benin.

He further informed that N20 billion had been secured for the construction of the cancer centres in the country within the next three years.

Briefing the media, the minister stated that these centres were strategically placed in the six geopolitical zones with the aim of enhancing accessibility and prompt cancer response and treatment.

“Sadly, the value of the money has depreciated because of the rising inflation,” he noted.

“We had to make presentation to the President and National Assembly for additional budgetary allocation to build the cancer centres,” he mentioned.

In her opening remarks, Permanent Secretary of the ministry, Kachollom Daju, disclosed that the government has signed circulars making it mandatory for all cancer patients in our tertiary health institutions to be reviewed by a Multidisciplinary Tumor Board (MDT) for positive cancer treatment.

She added that the ministry is making frantic efforts to ensure that relevant policies and guidelines are available to guide all the healthcare workers to provide quality services.

Daju reiterated that the ministry is working assiduously to ensure the best range of infrastructure and anti-cancer medicine are provided for optional treatment outcomes of cancer patients in the country.

This year’s Cancer Day commemoration was witnessed by representative of multi-national development partners; Non-Governmental Organisations; pharmaceutical companies; captains of medical centres, among others.

Tags: Cancer Daycancer treatmenthealthKachollom DajuTunji Alausa
Previous Post

Environment ministry partners EU on environmental sustainability

Next Post

Badaru commends NAF over acquisition of chopper, aircraft

Related Posts

FG says no confirmed Ebola case in Nigeria, urges calm
Health

FG says no confirmed Ebola case in Nigeria, urges calm

July 9, 2026
Tinubu establishes National Health Technology Office, appoints Obi Adigwe as pioneer coordinator
Health

Tinubu establishes National Health Technology Office, appoints Obi Adigwe as pioneer coordinator

June 26, 2026
FG inaugurates presidential task force on Ebola preparedness, targets zero Ebola cases
Health

FG inaugurates presidential task force on Ebola preparedness, targets zero Ebola cases

June 18, 2026
World Health Day: FG unveils 2025 National Health Facility Survey
Health

World Health Day: FG unveils 2025 National Health Facility Survey

April 8, 2026
Next Post
Badaru commends NAF over acquisition of chopper, aircraft

Badaru commends NAF over acquisition of chopper, aircraft

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • EFCC investigates suspect as Customs intercepts $73,000, £15,957, 827,800 Saudi Riyals at Kano Airport
  • SON, DSS strengthen collaboration to tackle substandard products in Kaduna
  • Bago celebrates IBB at 85, hails his contributions to Nigeria
  • Information Minister mourns Garkuwan Kontagora, Ibrahim Wali
  • Tinubu: Adeleke’s victory assurance democracy will flourish in Nigeria

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Recent Posts

  • EFCC investigates suspect as Customs intercepts $73,000, £15,957, 827,800 Saudi Riyals at Kano Airport
  • SON, DSS strengthen collaboration to tackle substandard products in Kaduna
  • Bago celebrates IBB at 85, hails his contributions to Nigeria
  • Information Minister mourns Garkuwan Kontagora, Ibrahim Wali

Quick Links

  • Home
  • Contact Us
  • About us
  • Privacy Policy
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
error: Content is protected !!