• Home
  • Contact Us
  • About us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, August 22, 2026
New Citizen
  • Login
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us
No Result
View All Result
New Citizen
No Result
View All Result
Home Nation

Go after Kuje Prison attackers, Tinubu urges FG

by NAN
July 9, 2022
in Nation
0
Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Bola Ahmed Tinubu

0
SHARES
8
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsappShare on Telegram

By Emmanuel Mogbede

Sen. Bola Tinubu, All Progressives Congress (APC) 2023 presidential candidate, has called on relevant authorities to go after Tuesday’s attackers of Kuje Medium Security Custodial Centre in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

READ ALSO

Fresh fake agency scandal: Tinubu orders arrest of Nwabueze, suspends three perm secs

TETFund investment will unlock North Central’s economic potential — Idris

Tinubu, who is also one of the leaders of the APC, made the call in a statement by his Media Officer, Mr Tunde Rahman, in Abuja.

He particularly condemned the terrorists attack on the centre, saying that the incessant terror attacks plaguing the country was worrisome.

The former two-term Lagos State governor, while calling on Nigerians to remain vigilant and united behind constituted authorities, said fleeing inmates from the facility must be re-arrested and returned to the facility.

“These incessant attacks on government’s institutions and innocent citizens are a sad reminder that we still have a lot to do to put these evil forces in check.”

He condemned the dastardly attack, urging the government to immediately go after the attackers and fleeing inmates of the facility.

While calling for full investigation of the incident and the possible failure to act on intelligence, Tinubu said Nigerians must all remain vigilant and united.

He added that the moment called for national unity and deep introspection.

He, however, said that Nigerians should continue to support the President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration in its battle against insurgents and determination to confront agents of darkness.

He commiserated with the families and relations of those who lost their lives in the attack and called on government to continue to provide succor and medical attention to those injured.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalled that the facility’s Public Relations Officer, Mr Abubakar Umar, had in a statement, said four inmates died in the attack while 16 sustained injuries and were being treated.

A security personnel of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), drafted to the centre was also shot dead by the attackers who stormed the facility through the fence and main entrance, using explosive devices.

Umar said 879 inmates escaped from the facility out of which 443 had been recaptured while efforts were ongoing to get all fleeing inmates.

About 24 hours after the incident, a terrorist group, Islamic State West Africa (ISWAP), claimed responsibility for the attack.

In a video shared by the terrorist group on Wednesday, many of the inmates were seen fleeing the prison.

Umar assured that the service would deploy its Corrections Information Management System (CIMS) in collaboration with the National Identity Management Commission, (NIMC) to track all fleeing inmates and return them to custody. (NAN)

Tags: APCBola TinubuinsecurityISWAPKuje PrisonNIMCNSCDCterrorismTunde Rahman
Previous Post

Sallah: Buhari donates N1m, 10 rams to corps members in Daura

Next Post

2023: Tinubu announces Kashim Shettima as running mate

Related Posts

Fresh fake agency scandal: Tinubu orders arrest of Nwabueze, suspends three perm secs
Nation

Fresh fake agency scandal: Tinubu orders arrest of Nwabueze, suspends three perm secs

August 21, 2026
TETFund investment will unlock North Central’s economic potential — Idris
Education

TETFund investment will unlock North Central’s economic potential — Idris

August 20, 2026
EFCC arraigns Maryam Shehu, Abubakar Abdulhamad over alleged false information
Nation

EFCC arraigns Maryam Shehu, Abubakar Abdulhamad over alleged false information

August 20, 2026
Bago unveils N100m hospital equipment to boost healthcare delivery in Niger
Health

Bago unveils N100m hospital equipment to boost healthcare delivery in Niger

August 19, 2026
Next Post
Sen. Kashim Ibrahim Shettima

2023: Tinubu announces Kashim Shettima as running mate

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • APC constitutes Presidential Campaign Council, names Yari DG, Uzodimma secretary
  • Fresh fake agency scandal: Tinubu orders arrest of Nwabueze, suspends three perm secs
  • Awele Ilusanmi Short Story Competition opens September 1
  • TETFund investment will unlock North Central’s economic potential — Idris
  • EFCC arraigns Maryam Shehu, Abubakar Abdulhamad over alleged false information

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Recent Posts

  • APC constitutes Presidential Campaign Council, names Yari DG, Uzodimma secretary
  • Fresh fake agency scandal: Tinubu orders arrest of Nwabueze, suspends three perm secs
  • Awele Ilusanmi Short Story Competition opens September 1
  • TETFund investment will unlock North Central’s economic potential — Idris

Quick Links

  • Home
  • Contact Us
  • About us
  • Privacy Policy
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
error: Content is protected !!