• Home
  • Contact Us
  • About us
  • Privacy Policy
Friday, August 21, 2026
New Citizen
  • Login
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us
No Result
View All Result
New Citizen
No Result
View All Result
Home Nation

Hajj 2024: Kaduna pilgrims leave Madina on Saturday

* One female pilgrim dies in Makkah

by NEW CITIZEN
June 6, 2024
in Nation
0
Hajj 2024: Kaduna pilgrims leave Madina on Saturday
Kaduna pilgrims shortly before their departure to the Holy Land

Kaduna pilgrims shortly before their departure to the Holy Land

0
SHARES
7
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsappShare on Telegram
Kaduna pilgrims shortly before their departure to the Holy Land

The Executive Chairman of the Kaduna State Pilgrims Welfare Agency, Malam Salihu S. Abubakar, has said that all the 4,785 pilgrims from the state have been airlifted to Saudi Arabia in 10 flights, for the 2024 pilgrimage.

Speaking with news men at Madina on Thursday, Malam Salihu disclosed that Kaduna State has the largest number of pilgrims in Nigeria, adding that nine batches have already completed their Hajj rites in Madina and have proceeded to Makkah.

READ ALSO

Bago unveils N100m hospital equipment to boost healthcare delivery in Niger

EFCC investigates suspect as Customs intercepts $73,000, £15,957, 827,800 Saudi Riyals at Kano Airport

The chairman further said that the last batch,  which comprised of the Amirul Hajj, the Emir of Lere, Engr Suleiman Lere, arrived Madinah with other Hajj officials on Tuesday.

According to him, the last batch will leave for Makkah on Saturday, leaving behind a handful of officials to check hospitals and other places, to ensure that no pilgrim has been left behind in Madinah.

‘’Each batch of pilgrims has stayed for four days in Madina as arranged by the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria(NAHCON),” he said, adding, “The first nine batches have completed their stay and moved to Makkah.

“It’s only those that came with the last flight of 388 pilgrims, which included the Amirul Hajj, that are in Madina. Inshaa Allah (God willing), they will be conveyed to Makkah on Saturday.

‘’So far, we don’t have any major problem. But we regret to say that we lost one pilgrim in Makkah last Friday. We pray that Aljannah Firdausi be her abode.’’

Malam Salihu said that some pilgrims have fallen ill in both Makkah and Madina but most of them have been treated and discharged.

The chairman, who noted that the responsibility of feeding and accommodating pilgrims at Madina rests on the NAHCON, commended the Hajj regulatory body for the services rendered.

He said that Kaduna State pilgrims in Makkah have so far not complained about the service providers that the agency has engaged for catering and accommodation.

He said that his agency has come with officials who are learned in all aspects of Hajj, who will serve as guides to the pilgrims, to enable them perform the pilgrimage as laid out in Islam.

‘’All our pilgrims had been encouraged to attend all our sensitisation lectures and programmes that were held at various centres, which covered the entire Kaduna State, before the commencement of Hajj. Alhamdu lillah, the exercise went on very well.

‘’But enlightenment and guidance is a continuous exercise. It is continuing here in Madina and Makkah and throughout the Hajj, until the pilgrims depart the Holy Land and land in Nigeria.”

Tags: Abubakar S. SalihuHajjKaduna pilgrimsSaudi Arabia
Previous Post

UNICEF and NOA trains 1,080 adolescent girls in Kaduna

Next Post

Uba Sani’s Scorecard

Related Posts

Bago unveils N100m hospital equipment to boost healthcare delivery in Niger
Health

Bago unveils N100m hospital equipment to boost healthcare delivery in Niger

August 19, 2026
EFCC investigates suspect as Customs intercepts $73,000, £15,957, 827,800 Saudi Riyals at Kano Airport
Nation

EFCC investigates suspect as Customs intercepts $73,000, £15,957, 827,800 Saudi Riyals at Kano Airport

August 17, 2026
Bago celebrates IBB at 85, hails his contributions to Nigeria
Nation

Bago celebrates IBB at 85, hails his contributions to Nigeria

August 17, 2026
Nation

Information Minister mourns Garkuwan Kontagora, Ibrahim Wali

August 16, 2026
Next Post
Uba Sani’s Scorecard

Uba Sani’s Scorecard

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Bago unveils N100m hospital equipment to boost healthcare delivery in Niger
  • United Nigeria Airlines pledges N20m to fund Chinua Achebe Prize for Fiction for 10 years
  • EFCC investigates suspect as Customs intercepts $73,000, £15,957, 827,800 Saudi Riyals at Kano Airport
  • SON, DSS strengthen collaboration to tackle substandard products in Kaduna
  • Bago celebrates IBB at 85, hails his contributions to Nigeria

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Recent Posts

  • Bago unveils N100m hospital equipment to boost healthcare delivery in Niger
  • United Nigeria Airlines pledges N20m to fund Chinua Achebe Prize for Fiction for 10 years
  • EFCC investigates suspect as Customs intercepts $73,000, £15,957, 827,800 Saudi Riyals at Kano Airport
  • SON, DSS strengthen collaboration to tackle substandard products in Kaduna

Quick Links

  • Home
  • Contact Us
  • About us
  • Privacy Policy
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
error: Content is protected !!