• Home
  • Contact Us
  • About us
  • Privacy Policy
Sunday, August 23, 2026
New Citizen
  • Login
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us
No Result
View All Result
New Citizen
No Result
View All Result
Home Nation

Oil theft allegations: Navy tackles Asari Dokubo, challenges him to produce evidence

by SUMAILA OGBAJE
June 17, 2023
in Nation
0
Oil theft allegations: Navy tackles Asari Dokubo, challenges him to produce evidence
0
SHARES
1
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsappShare on Telegram

The Nigerian Navy has described as spurious, the allegations by ex-Niger Delta militant leader, Asari Dokubo, that some cabals in the military are involved in oil theft in the region.

Dokubo made the claims when he visited President Bola Tinubu in Abuja on Friday.

READ ALSO

Fresh fake agency scandal: Tinubu orders arrest of Nwabueze, suspends three perm secs

TETFund investment will unlock North Central’s economic potential — Idris

Reacting to the accusation, the Director of Naval Information, Commodore Adedotun Ayo-Vaughan, challenged Dokubo to produce evidence and names of those behind the criminality.

Ayo-Vaughan spoke with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Saturday in Abuja.

Ayo-Vaughan said the Nigerian military, and the navy in particular, had been at the forefront of fighting crude oil theft at all levels in the country.

He said that while crude oil being stolen from pipelines were being refined in the creeks for the local market and the local buyers, it was also being stolen by criminals from offshore at sea.

“You remember the case of MT HEROIC IDUN that was made to pay fines to the Nigerian government after they were arrested and brought back from Guinea Bissau, Malabo Island and made to face court orders.

“It demonstrated the will of the Navy to go as far as even beyond our waters to arrest a ship that attempted to load without license, without due approval in April last year.

“I was there physically on board one of our ships at FOT in Onne when the navy launched Operation Dakatarda Barawo, which means stop the thief in Hausa language.

“Stop the thief that is stealing the nation’s natural resources, the hydrocarbons.

“Nigerian Navy has been fighting crude oil theft, taking the fight to the creeks and as I speak to you, our men are battling in the creeks.

“So, what I will just say is, Asari Dokubo is seeking some form of relevance and whatever.

“He alleges that there is a cabal of military people that are involved in crude oil theft, let him bring the names.

“Nobody is afraid of getting the names of those involved in crude oil theft.

“You cannot make such spurious allegations and think that we will just sweep it down the carpet,” he said.

Ayo-Vaughan said neither the Chief of Defense Staff nor the Chief of Naval Staff will condone such act.

According to him, the Nigerian navy will not be distracted by the allegations and will continue to be actively involved in the fight against crude oil theft and resources in the Niger Delta.

“So for anybody to say that there is a cabal of military officers, the only simple thing to do is bring the evidence, bring the names,” he stressed.

The Navy spokesman said that the efforts of the Nigerian military in the Niger Delta was the reason Nigeria regained top spot in oil production in the month of May among oil producing countries in Africa, as confirmed by OPEC, NUPRC and others. (NAN)

 

Previous Post

Subsidy removal: FG provides solar alternative power to Nigerians

Next Post

Army reacts to allegation of involvement in oil theft

Related Posts

Fresh fake agency scandal: Tinubu orders arrest of Nwabueze, suspends three perm secs
Nation

Fresh fake agency scandal: Tinubu orders arrest of Nwabueze, suspends three perm secs

August 21, 2026
TETFund investment will unlock North Central’s economic potential — Idris
Education

TETFund investment will unlock North Central’s economic potential — Idris

August 20, 2026
EFCC arraigns Maryam Shehu, Abubakar Abdulhamad over alleged false information
Nation

EFCC arraigns Maryam Shehu, Abubakar Abdulhamad over alleged false information

August 20, 2026
Bago unveils N100m hospital equipment to boost healthcare delivery in Niger
Health

Bago unveils N100m hospital equipment to boost healthcare delivery in Niger

August 19, 2026
Next Post
Nigerian Army retires, replaces 53 units’ colours, issues 28 new ones

Army reacts to allegation of involvement in oil theft

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • APC constitutes Presidential Campaign Council, names Yari DG, Uzodimma secretary
  • Fresh fake agency scandal: Tinubu orders arrest of Nwabueze, suspends three perm secs
  • Awele Ilusanmi Short Story Competition opens September 1
  • TETFund investment will unlock North Central’s economic potential — Idris
  • EFCC arraigns Maryam Shehu, Abubakar Abdulhamad over alleged false information

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Recent Posts

  • APC constitutes Presidential Campaign Council, names Yari DG, Uzodimma secretary
  • Fresh fake agency scandal: Tinubu orders arrest of Nwabueze, suspends three perm secs
  • Awele Ilusanmi Short Story Competition opens September 1
  • TETFund investment will unlock North Central’s economic potential — Idris

Quick Links

  • Home
  • Contact Us
  • About us
  • Privacy Policy
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
error: Content is protected !!