• Home
  • Contact Us
  • About us
  • Privacy Policy
Wednesday, August 19, 2026
New Citizen
  • Login
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us
No Result
View All Result
New Citizen
No Result
View All Result
Home Nation

Sudan crisis: NEMA receives 198 more Nigerians, says no citizen died

by RUTH OKETUNDE
July 28, 2023
in Nation
0
Sudan crisis: NEMA receives 198 more Nigerians, says no citizen died
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsappShare on Telegram

The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has received another batch of 198 stranded Nigerians evacuated from the war-torn Sudan, on Friday in Abuja.

The returnees, comprised of 160 adults and 38 children arrived the pilgrims wing of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, on TARCO Aircraft at exactly 12:09 p.m.

READ ALSO

EFCC investigates suspect as Customs intercepts $73,000, £15,957, 827,800 Saudi Riyals at Kano Airport

Bago celebrates IBB at 85, hails his contributions to Nigeria

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that this figure brings to total 2,858 Nigerians evacuated by the Federal Government since the war broke out in Sudan in April.

Mr Mustapha Ahmed, Director-General, NEMA while receiving the evacuees at the airport, said the Federal Government is committed to ensuring that no Nigerian was left in the war-torn countries.

He added that efforts were already in place to evacuate the remaining 40 Nigerians left in Sudan.

Ahmed added that so far no Nigerian has lost his or her life in the crisis-ridden country.

“We all know the crisis in Sudan has escalated seriously, no Nigerian aircraft can go to Sudan.

“We are using the Sudanese based airline, TARCO to evacuate Nigerians, they have been working with us assiduously and they had to engage the military authorities for us to be able to airlift these people.

“The most important thing is that they are home and we have not lost one Nigerian life, which is most important to us.

“198 people, including women and children were brought back today and the remaining 40 people will be brought back as we are working round the clock to bring them back,” he said.

Ahmed added that the 100,000 naira provided by the Dangote Foundation, would be given to the evacuees to aid their transportation to their various destinations.

Some of the returnees who spoke with NAN appreciated the Federal Government for evacuating them back into the country.

Mr Ridwan Yusuf, a student who resided in Khartoum, expressed happiness for being evacuated safely back to the country.

“I thank God, the federal government, NEMA and the Nigerian embassy in Sudan for what they did for us. I want to say we are happy to be back home,” he said.

Mr Jafaru Mohammed, also a student in Sudan, who also thanked the federal government Federal Government, called on the government to bring back the remaining Nigerians stranded in Sudan.

NAN reports that staff of NEMA, National Commission for Refugees, Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons and Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM), among others, were on ground to welcome the returnees.(NAN)

 

Previous Post

FG launches digital literacy framework to boost skills, technology export

Next Post

President Tinubu felicitates long-term political associate Sen. Bamidele at 60 year

Related Posts

EFCC investigates suspect as Customs intercepts $73,000, £15,957, 827,800 Saudi Riyals at Kano Airport
Nation

EFCC investigates suspect as Customs intercepts $73,000, £15,957, 827,800 Saudi Riyals at Kano Airport

August 17, 2026
Bago celebrates IBB at 85, hails his contributions to Nigeria
Nation

Bago celebrates IBB at 85, hails his contributions to Nigeria

August 17, 2026
Nation

Information Minister mourns Garkuwan Kontagora, Ibrahim Wali

August 16, 2026
FG to strengthen security coordination for peace, development — Idris
Nation

FG to strengthen security coordination for peace, development — Idris

August 14, 2026
Next Post
President Bola Tinubu

President Tinubu felicitates long-term political associate Sen. Bamidele at 60 year

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • United Nigeria Airlines pledges N20m to fund Chinua Achebe Prize for Fiction for 10 years
  • EFCC investigates suspect as Customs intercepts $73,000, £15,957, 827,800 Saudi Riyals at Kano Airport
  • SON, DSS strengthen collaboration to tackle substandard products in Kaduna
  • Bago celebrates IBB at 85, hails his contributions to Nigeria
  • Information Minister mourns Garkuwan Kontagora, Ibrahim Wali

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Recent Posts

  • United Nigeria Airlines pledges N20m to fund Chinua Achebe Prize for Fiction for 10 years
  • EFCC investigates suspect as Customs intercepts $73,000, £15,957, 827,800 Saudi Riyals at Kano Airport
  • SON, DSS strengthen collaboration to tackle substandard products in Kaduna
  • Bago celebrates IBB at 85, hails his contributions to Nigeria

Quick Links

  • Home
  • Contact Us
  • About us
  • Privacy Policy
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
error: Content is protected !!