• Home
  • Contact Us
  • About us
  • Privacy Policy
Sunday, August 23, 2026
New Citizen
  • Login
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us
No Result
View All Result
New Citizen
No Result
View All Result
Home Nation

Train attack: NIPR urges security agencies to restrategise, be proactive

by NEW CITIZEN
March 30, 2022
in Nation
0
Malam Mukhtar Zubairu Sirajo, NIPR president
Malam Mukhtar Zubairu Sirajo, NIPR president

Malam Mukhtar Zubairu Sirajo, NIPR president

0
SHARES
2
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsappShare on Telegram

The Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) has called on the security agencies to restrategise and get on top of the situation rather than wait to react over attacks on trains in the country.

In a message of sympathy over the terrorist attack on the Abuja-Kaduna train that occurred on Monday night, the President and Chairman of the Governing Council of the NIPR, Malam Mukhtar Zubairu Sirajo, said on Tuesday that the attack was not only unfortunate and unacceptable, but also a sad reminder of the descent into the abyss that security situation, especially in the northern part of the country, has fallen.

READ ALSO

Fresh fake agency scandal: Tinubu orders arrest of Nwabueze, suspends three perm secs

TETFund investment will unlock North Central’s economic potential — Idris

He said: “Nobody or group has the right to continously subject people to this kind of reign of terror, dehumanising them and seemingly getting away with it.”

He said while the institute appreciates the gallant role being played by the Nigerian armed forces and other security and law enforcement agencies to square up to the bandits perpetrating these heinous acts, it is clear that a lot more needs to be done to inspire the confidence of the people.

Sirajo pointed out that the earlier attack on the same route, which occurred in October last year, ought to have served as a wake-up call for the system to be more proactive to forestall what was a not so unexpected occurrence, given the seeming over-reliance of commutters on the train service as a safer alternative to plying the Abuja-Kaduna road.

He added: “There’s the very urgent need for our security agencies to restrategise and get on top of the situation rather than wait to react.

“Government on its part must spare no effort in continuing to provide the armed forces and security agencies with all logistical requirements to enable them up the ante in this must-win war. The intelligence gathering processes must also be given a short in the arm to enable the agencies get ahead of these criminals in all ways imaginable.”

The NIPR expressed its heartfelt condolences to families of the deceased, Federal and Kaduna State governments, prayers for the prompt rescue of those abducted as well as speedy recovery for the injured.

Tags: insecurityMukhtar Zubairu SirajoNigeria Institute of Public RelationsNIPRNorthsecurity agenciesterrorismtrain attackvictims
Previous Post

Humanitarian affairs minister condoles with victims of Abuja-Kaduna train attack

Next Post

Train attack: Kaduna opposition figure Isa Ashiru asks Governor El-Rufa’i to resign

Related Posts

Fresh fake agency scandal: Tinubu orders arrest of Nwabueze, suspends three perm secs
Nation

Fresh fake agency scandal: Tinubu orders arrest of Nwabueze, suspends three perm secs

August 21, 2026
TETFund investment will unlock North Central’s economic potential — Idris
Education

TETFund investment will unlock North Central’s economic potential — Idris

August 20, 2026
EFCC arraigns Maryam Shehu, Abubakar Abdulhamad over alleged false information
Nation

EFCC arraigns Maryam Shehu, Abubakar Abdulhamad over alleged false information

August 20, 2026
Bago unveils N100m hospital equipment to boost healthcare delivery in Niger
Health

Bago unveils N100m hospital equipment to boost healthcare delivery in Niger

August 19, 2026
Next Post
Alhaji Isa Ashiru

Train attack: Kaduna opposition figure Isa Ashiru asks Governor El-Rufa'i to resign

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Police ‌‌confirm abduction of worshippers in Niger
  • APC constitutes Presidential Campaign Council, names Yari DG, Uzodimma secretary
  • Fresh fake agency scandal: Tinubu orders arrest of Nwabueze, suspends three perm secs
  • Awele Ilusanmi Short Story Competition opens September 1
  • TETFund investment will unlock North Central’s economic potential — Idris

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Recent Posts

  • Police ‌‌confirm abduction of worshippers in Niger
  • APC constitutes Presidential Campaign Council, names Yari DG, Uzodimma secretary
  • Fresh fake agency scandal: Tinubu orders arrest of Nwabueze, suspends three perm secs
  • Awele Ilusanmi Short Story Competition opens September 1

Quick Links

  • Home
  • Contact Us
  • About us
  • Privacy Policy
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
error: Content is protected !!