• Home
  • Contact Us
  • About us
  • Privacy Policy
Friday, August 21, 2026
New Citizen
  • Login
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us
No Result
View All Result
New Citizen
No Result
View All Result
Home Nation

Abuja-Kaduna train attack: Condition of remaining 27 victims still in custody pathetic – Mamu

by NEW CITIZEN
August 16, 2022
in Nation
0
Sheikh Ahmad Gumi (3rd, r) and Malam Tukur Mamu (holding a child) with a family of six and an old woman who were released by the train attackers recently
Sheikh Ahmad Gumi (3rd, r) and Malam Tukur Mamu (holding a child) with a family of six and an old woman who were released by the train attackers recently

Sheikh Ahmad Gumi (3rd, r) and Malam Tukur Mamu (holding a child) with a family of six and an old woman who were released by the train attackers recently

0
SHARES
1
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsappShare on Telegram

The condition of the remaining 27 passengers of the ill-fated Abuja-Kaduna train attack is pathetic, the erstwhile negotiator for their release has said.

In a press release today, Malam Tukur Mamu, the publisher of the Desert Herald newspaper, dispelled the rumour that the Federal Government has secured the release of the remaining victims.

READ ALSO

TETFund investment will unlock North Central’s economic potential — Idris

Bago unveils N100m hospital equipment to boost healthcare delivery in Niger

He said the kidnapped men, women and children “are still being held by their abductors,” nearly five months after the “unfortunate and preventable” incident.

Mamu, who holds the traditional title of Dan’iyan Fika in Yobe State, said: “Though I have disengaged myself from negotiating, anxious family members, pressmen and concerned Nigerians have been calling to confirm the veracity of the news while many others justifiably have been celebrating and even congratulating relatives of the innocent victims.

“While it is a news we are all praying earnestly to hear, it is highly irresponsible for peddlers of fake news to circulate sensitive contents that are not only unverifiable, untrue but news items that will certainly trigger anxiety and concerned amongst the family members of those that remained in captivity and millions of their well wishers across the globe.”

He added: “The condition of the remaining victims is still very bad, many of them are sick, the raining season is affecting them so much.”

The publisher had worked previously with the Kaduna-based cleric Sheikh Ahmad Gumi to facilitate the release of most of the victims of the March train attach.

He urged President Muhammadu Buhari to intensify efforts in securing their release immediately, saying, “The situation remains highly unpredictable while the families of those that are still in the bush are incapacitated in whatever way to negotiate the safe release of their loved ones.”

Tags: Abuja-Kaduna train attackbanditryDesert HeraldhostagesinsecuritykidnapMuhammadu BuhariSheikh Ahmad GumiterrorismTukur Mamuvictims
Previous Post

Information minister congratulates African writers body

Next Post

Buhari condoles with family of renowned journalist, Duro Onabule

Related Posts

TETFund investment will unlock North Central’s economic potential — Idris
Education

TETFund investment will unlock North Central’s economic potential — Idris

August 20, 2026
Bago unveils N100m hospital equipment to boost healthcare delivery in Niger
Health

Bago unveils N100m hospital equipment to boost healthcare delivery in Niger

August 19, 2026
EFCC investigates suspect as Customs intercepts $73,000, £15,957, 827,800 Saudi Riyals at Kano Airport
Nation

EFCC investigates suspect as Customs intercepts $73,000, £15,957, 827,800 Saudi Riyals at Kano Airport

August 17, 2026
Bago celebrates IBB at 85, hails his contributions to Nigeria
Nation

Bago celebrates IBB at 85, hails his contributions to Nigeria

August 17, 2026
Next Post
Chief Duro Onabule

Buhari condoles with family of renowned journalist, Duro Onabule

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Awele Ilusanmi Short Story Competition opens September 1
  • TETFund investment will unlock North Central’s economic potential — Idris
  • Bago unveils N100m hospital equipment to boost healthcare delivery in Niger
  • United Nigeria Airlines pledges N20m to fund Chinua Achebe Prize for Fiction for 10 years
  • EFCC investigates suspect as Customs intercepts $73,000, £15,957, 827,800 Saudi Riyals at Kano Airport

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Recent Posts

  • Awele Ilusanmi Short Story Competition opens September 1
  • TETFund investment will unlock North Central’s economic potential — Idris
  • Bago unveils N100m hospital equipment to boost healthcare delivery in Niger
  • United Nigeria Airlines pledges N20m to fund Chinua Achebe Prize for Fiction for 10 years

Quick Links

  • Home
  • Contact Us
  • About us
  • Privacy Policy
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
error: Content is protected !!