• Home
  • Contact Us
  • About us
  • Privacy Policy
Sunday, August 23, 2026
New Citizen
  • Login
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us
No Result
View All Result
New Citizen
No Result
View All Result
Home Business & Economy

We are not owing MTN interconnect charges – Globacom

by Funmilola Gboteku & Stellamaris Ashinze
January 9, 2024
in Business & Economy
0
We are not owing MTN interconnect charges – Globacom
0
SHARES
1
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsappShare on Telegram

Globacom Ltd, a Nigerian telecommunications company on Tuesday denied reports making the rounds that it was owing MTN interconnect charges.

READ ALSO

SON, DSS strengthen collaboration to tackle substandard products in Kaduna

The Money that Never Moved: How Nigeria’s Expenditure Controls Prevented the  PEAC/PFIPC Appropriation from Becoming Public Expenditure 

A reliable source in Globacom told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos that the amount due for payment was N1.6 billion and it had been paid without controversy.

NAN reports that a public pre-disconnection notice signed by the Nigerian Communication Commission’s (NCC) Director of Public Affairs, Reuben Muoka, had been posted on the commission’s Twitter page on Monday, Jan. 8.

The notice stated that Glo failed to settle its outstanding debts despite repeated attempts at resolution.

It stated that after reviewing the application and the circumstances relating to the indebtedness, Globacom lacked the significant or justifiable reasons for failing to pay the interconnect charges.

Part of the public notice read: “All subscribers are requested to take notice that the commission has approved the partial disconnection of Globacom to MTN.

“This is in accordance with Section 100 of the Nigerian Communications Act (2003) and paragraph nine of the Guidelines on Procedure for Granting Approval to Disconnect Telecommunications Operators (2012).

“At the expiration of 10 days from Jan. 8, 2024, subscribers of Globacom will no longer be able to make calls to MTN but will be able to receive calls.

The Glo official said a proper cross checking of facts should have been done before concluding that the telco was owing MTN.

“We are not owing MTN any interconnect charges,” the Glo official said.

The official added that Glo was the first telecoms company that introduced the pay per second form of billing, thereby cutting the monopoly of the other foreign companies operating in Nigeria.

According to the Glo official, the report against the fully indigenous telecommunications company is false.

Tags: GloGlobacomMTNtelecommunications
Previous Post

We don’t have fake professors in BUK – VC

Next Post

Tinubu cuts size of entourage for self, wife, other officials

Related Posts

SON, DSS strengthen collaboration to tackle substandard products in Kaduna
Business & Economy

SON, DSS strengthen collaboration to tackle substandard products in Kaduna

August 17, 2026
The Money that Never Moved: How Nigeria’s Expenditure Controls Prevented the  PEAC/PFIPC Appropriation from Becoming Public Expenditure 
Business & Economy

The Money that Never Moved: How Nigeria’s Expenditure Controls Prevented the  PEAC/PFIPC Appropriation from Becoming Public Expenditure 

July 25, 2026
CBN reaffirms commitment to price stability, says economy remains on growth path
Business & Economy

CBN reaffirms commitment to price stability, says economy remains on growth path

July 21, 2026
RMAFC urges efficient resource allocation to drive sustainable economic growth
Business & Economy

RMAFC urges efficient resource allocation to drive sustainable economic growth

July 20, 2026
Next Post
Tinubu at Xmas: We’ll shortly emerge into a new dawn

Tinubu cuts size of entourage for self, wife, other officials

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • APC constitutes Presidential Campaign Council, names Yari DG, Uzodimma secretary
  • Fresh fake agency scandal: Tinubu orders arrest of Nwabueze, suspends three perm secs
  • Awele Ilusanmi Short Story Competition opens September 1
  • TETFund investment will unlock North Central’s economic potential — Idris
  • EFCC arraigns Maryam Shehu, Abubakar Abdulhamad over alleged false information

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Recent Posts

  • APC constitutes Presidential Campaign Council, names Yari DG, Uzodimma secretary
  • Fresh fake agency scandal: Tinubu orders arrest of Nwabueze, suspends three perm secs
  • Awele Ilusanmi Short Story Competition opens September 1
  • TETFund investment will unlock North Central’s economic potential — Idris

Quick Links

  • Home
  • Contact Us
  • About us
  • Privacy Policy
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
error: Content is protected !!