• Home
  • Contact Us
  • About us
  • Privacy Policy
Friday, August 21, 2026
New Citizen
  • Login
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us
No Result
View All Result
New Citizen
No Result
View All Result
Home Nation

Guards Brigade troops: Military confirms 3 casualties, denies capture of soldiers

by SUMAILA OGBAJE
July 26, 2022
in Nation
0
File photo of Nigerian soldiers on duty
File photo of Nigerian soldiers on duty

File photo of Nigerian soldiers on duty

0
SHARES
4
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsappShare on Telegram

The Nigerian Army has confirmed that three soldiers were killed during the attack on troops of 7 Guards Battalion on Sunday by suspected terrorists in Bwari axis of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

Contrary to conflicting media reports of casualties, the Assistant Director, Army Public Relations, Guards Brigade, Capt. Godfrey Abakpa, said the troops recorded three casualties in the encounter.

READ ALSO

TETFund investment will unlock North Central’s economic potential — Idris

Bago unveils N100m hospital equipment to boost healthcare delivery in Niger

Abakpa told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that no soldier was missing in action or abducted by the terrorists, adding that the casualties had been evacuated.

He also said that the troops had dislodged the criminals from the area and had continued on exploitation operation into the area.

He said “no soldier was abducted; we only had three casualties and they were evacuated”.

Intelligence reports had confirmed that the terrorists were planning to attack Law School Bwari and other government facilities.

However, military sources have told NAN that the attack was a confirmation of terrorists plan to lay siege on FCT, adding that the security agencies were at alert.

Earlier on Monday, the Guards spokesperson confirmed that troops of 7 Guards Battalion on routine patrol along Kubwa – Bwari road were ambushed by suspected terrorists.

Abakpa added that three soldiers were injured during the attack and had been evacuated to hospital for medical attention.

According to him, ambush happening within the general area of Bwari shows that the terrorists are actually within the location and possibly to carry out their plans of attacking the law school in Bwari as earlier reported. (NAN)

Tags: BwariCapt. Godfrey AbakpaFCTGuards BattalionGuards BrigadeNigerian ArmyNigerian Law School Bwarisoldiers killedterrorism
Previous Post

FCTA demolishes illegal structures at Jabi motor park

Next Post

Fresh CVR registration hits 10.4m – INEC

Related Posts

TETFund investment will unlock North Central’s economic potential — Idris
Education

TETFund investment will unlock North Central’s economic potential — Idris

August 20, 2026
Bago unveils N100m hospital equipment to boost healthcare delivery in Niger
Health

Bago unveils N100m hospital equipment to boost healthcare delivery in Niger

August 19, 2026
EFCC investigates suspect as Customs intercepts $73,000, £15,957, 827,800 Saudi Riyals at Kano Airport
Nation

EFCC investigates suspect as Customs intercepts $73,000, £15,957, 827,800 Saudi Riyals at Kano Airport

August 17, 2026
Bago celebrates IBB at 85, hails his contributions to Nigeria
Nation

Bago celebrates IBB at 85, hails his contributions to Nigeria

August 17, 2026
Next Post

Fresh CVR registration hits 10.4m – INEC

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • TETFund investment will unlock North Central’s economic potential — Idris
  • Bago unveils N100m hospital equipment to boost healthcare delivery in Niger
  • United Nigeria Airlines pledges N20m to fund Chinua Achebe Prize for Fiction for 10 years
  • EFCC investigates suspect as Customs intercepts $73,000, £15,957, 827,800 Saudi Riyals at Kano Airport
  • SON, DSS strengthen collaboration to tackle substandard products in Kaduna

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Recent Posts

  • TETFund investment will unlock North Central’s economic potential — Idris
  • Bago unveils N100m hospital equipment to boost healthcare delivery in Niger
  • United Nigeria Airlines pledges N20m to fund Chinua Achebe Prize for Fiction for 10 years
  • EFCC investigates suspect as Customs intercepts $73,000, £15,957, 827,800 Saudi Riyals at Kano Airport

Quick Links

  • Home
  • Contact Us
  • About us
  • Privacy Policy
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
error: Content is protected !!