• Home
  • Contact Us
  • About us
  • Privacy Policy
Monday, August 17, 2026
New Citizen
  • Login
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us
No Result
View All Result
New Citizen
No Result
View All Result
Home Nation Education

JAMB registers 92,490 candidates for 2023 UTME

by VERONICA DARIYA
January 23, 2023
in Education
0
0
SHARES
6
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsappShare on Telegram

Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says it has registered 92, 490 candidates to sit for the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).

JAMB said that 67, 328 candidates had so far registered to sit for its mock examination.

READ ALSO

Kaduna-based private Omega University receives NUC operational licence, set to admit pioneer students

Jonathan’s son, Ariwera, graduates from UK university

The board made this known in its Weekly Bulletin from the Office of the Registrar on Monday in Abuja.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that JAMB commenced registration for the 2023 UTME on Jan. 14 to end Feb. 14.

JAMB, while giving a breakdown of its registration fees said that two e-pins were available for purchase, as candidates had the option to either register to sit for its mock UTME or not.

“As already effected in the UTME exercise, two e-pins are available, N5, 700 for without mock UTME; N6, 700 for with mock UTME, while the Direct Entry is N4,700.

“Approved UTME fee remains N3,500, reading text N500, the registration fee is N700, with N1000 for Computer Based Test (CBT) examination fee and an optional N1000 for mock examination for the candidates,” it said.

The board says it remits to the CBT centres, on a weekly basis what is due to them, adding that the measure is put in place to stop extortion of candidates.

It added that as part of measures put in place to enhance sanctity of the examination process, examinations would be allowed to take place an hour after the scheduled commencement time.

It promised to reschedule any exam session affected by technical challenges from the board and communicate date for the rescheduled session to the affected candidates.

“Candidates will be notified of their new schedule centres before they leave the examination centre.

“Furthermore, no candidate will be allowed to spend less than one hour before submission during the examination.

“Late commencement or early departure from the examination hall can jeopardise the conduct of the examination by giving some candidates undue advantage over their contemporaries taking the examination,” it said.

NAN reports that the board has scheduled registration for Direct Entry (DE) to commence from Feb. 20 to April 20, while the optional mock- UTME will hold on March 16.

The board also scheduled to conduct the 2023 UTME on April 29 and end on May 12. (NAN)

Tags: candidatesexaminationJAMBuniversity admissionUTME
Previous Post

Poetic mapping of emotions: Emman Usman Shehu’s The River Never Returns

Next Post

I made a promise to serve Nigerians, says Buhari

Related Posts

Kaduna-based private Omega University receives NUC operational licence, set to admit pioneer students
Education

Kaduna-based private Omega University receives NUC operational licence, set to admit pioneer students

August 1, 2026
Jonathan’s son, Ariwera, graduates from UK university
Education

Jonathan’s son, Ariwera, graduates from UK university

July 16, 2026
Report of return of BEA scholars to Nigerian universities false – Ministry 
Education

FG suspends proposed review of WAEC, NECO registration fees ‎

July 13, 2026
Capital City University appoints Kano Emir Sanusi II as Visitor
Education

Capital City University appoints Kano Emir Sanusi II as Visitor

June 20, 2026
Next Post
President Buhari with Tinubu lifting the APC flag up during the rally in Bauchi

I made a promise to serve Nigerians, says Buhari

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • EFCC investigates suspect as Customs intercepts $73,000, £15,957, 827,800 Saudi Riyals at Kano Airport
  • SON, DSS strengthen collaboration to tackle substandard products in Kaduna
  • Bago celebrates IBB at 85, hails his contributions to Nigeria
  • Information Minister mourns Garkuwan Kontagora, Ibrahim Wali
  • Tinubu: Adeleke’s victory assurance democracy will flourish in Nigeria

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Recent Posts

  • EFCC investigates suspect as Customs intercepts $73,000, £15,957, 827,800 Saudi Riyals at Kano Airport
  • SON, DSS strengthen collaboration to tackle substandard products in Kaduna
  • Bago celebrates IBB at 85, hails his contributions to Nigeria
  • Information Minister mourns Garkuwan Kontagora, Ibrahim Wali

Quick Links

  • Home
  • Contact Us
  • About us
  • Privacy Policy
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Nation
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • Health
  • Education
  • Sport
  • Arts & Life
  • Culture & Entertainment
  • World
  • Perspectives
  • About us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
error: Content is protected !!